We will provide scholarships worth up to A$1000 each.
The scholarship application deadline is 15 Jan in order
to give us time to announce decisions before the early
registration deadline ends. Only full time students
will be eligible to apply.
- Bona fide student in tertiary education.
- Academic merit.
- Intention to carry out research in machine learning at
an Australian university in 2008 or 2009,
at some level from Honours up.
- Preference will be given to students who have
not yet commenced PhD study or equivalent.
- Not a previous recipient of a Summer School Scholarship.
- Background in machine learning or related discipline.
- At least 3 years of tertiary education including 2007.
- Financial circumstances of the applicant.
How to apply
Please send the following information when applying for a Summer School scholarship.
Your application will not be considered if you have omitted any of the following:
Your application and the references may be sent by email
to firstname.lastname@example.org or on paper to our contact address.
- Your Curriculum Vitae.
- Name, address, telephone number and email address where you can be reached at all times.
- Your letter of application (at most 1 page),
- briefly describing your academic background,
- academic interests,
- plans for future study,
- how the summer school will benefit you, and
- why you would like to be supported.
- Include the names and addresses of 1-3 referees
and ask your referees to write directly to the convenor.
- A transcript or photocopy of your academic record.
- proof of full-time student status.
Please use the normal registration procedure (any time).
In case you are awarded a scholarship, the charged registration fee
will be lowered accordingly.
Closing date For scholarship applications is 15 January 2009